Safely recycle TVs, PCs and similar electronics as well as AC units, dehumidifiers and microwave ovens.
The Authority operates a County-wide drop-off recycling program with 18 locations to serve the residents of Cambria County.
From "appliances" to "white office paper", outlets exist for the recycling of many different items. Look here to find other options.
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 9 am to 3:30 pm ONLY
· Appointments required for large quantities or bulky items.
· Closed all Cambria County holidays.
· CAMBRIA COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY!
· NO after-hours deliveries!
· CASH or CHECK only!
· NO COMMERCIAL MATERIALS!
Acceptable items and fees
· AC window units $10 to $15
· cable/satellite boxes/DVRs $2 to $3
· camcorders (small) and digital cameras $2
· CD/DVD/VCRs players $2
· copiers $20+ each piece or more
· CRT TVs & monitors - Small: $$ donation; Large: $5 fee 27+” diag. or console . There is a+ $5 safety fee for TVs not intact or with excessive filth.
· Dehumidifier $10
· DVD players/recorders $2
· electric typewriters $5+
· fax machines $2 to $5
· flat screen HD TV or monitor: small =$$ donation Large (50"+) = $5
($5 safety charge for TV/monitor not intact)
· gaming consoles/equipment $2
· laptops/note books $$ donation
· microwave ovens: small $5, large $10
· mobile/cellular phones $2
· network equipment $$ donation
· personal computer (PC, a.k.a “tower”) $$ donation
· PC peripherals (i.e.: mouse, keyboard, scanner, wires,
modems) $$ donation
· printers (PC/desktop type, not large copiers) $$ donation
· radio $2 small, up to $25+ for wooden console units
· remote control $1
· servers $10 to $20
· stereos $2 small, up to $20+
· telephone handset $2 to $3
· TVs small = $$ donation,
$5 fee for CRT >27” diagonal or 50" flat HD TV ,
$10 Cabinet/Projector TV ,
+ $5 safety fee for TV's that are not intact or otherwise present
a safety hazard.
· power supply (UPS) systems/battery backups $3 to $5
· word processors $5+
“$$ donation” = please make a cash donation to help offset the cost to handle, process, and prepare each item to be recycled.
DO NOT DELIVER OR DEPOSIT Items without Authority Staff present, NO SELF-SERVE.
ILLEGAL DUMPING IS SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND FINES!
*THE AUTHORITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THE DELIVERY OF ANY AND ALL ITEMS FOR ANY REASON.
*PLEASE CALL AHEAD FOR LARGE QUANTITIES.
*The Authority is not responsible for any damage caused by unloading or delivery.
*Unloading assistance is available for a $$$ donation.
*Items that present a SAFETY HAZARD will incur additional fees (ex: physically damaged, moldy, excessive dirt, urine/feces, etc.)
Revised June 28, 2022
1. Adams Township- 125 Mary Drive, Sidman, Pa 15955 - Located at the Adams Twp. Municipal Building along Route 160.
2. Conemaugh Township- 142 Janie Street, Johnstown, Pa 15902 - Located along Janie St. adjacent to Conemaugh Twp municipal building/office (off of Frankstown Rd) .
3. Cresson Township – 7551 Admiral Peary Highway, Cresson, PA 16630- Located at the Cresson Township Garage on Old Route between Sheetz and Cresson Twp garage.
4. Croyle Township - 1654 Railroad Street, Summerhill, PA 15958-Located at the Croyle Twp Municipal Building along Route 53.
5. East Conemaugh Borough- Railroad Street, East Conemaugh, PA 15909 Located on Railroad St.
6. Ebensburg 1 (a.k.a. Manor Drive)- Manor Drive, Ebensburg, PA - Located near the west end of Manor Drive next to Lions Ballpark near Lake Rowena/High St. intersection.
7. Ebensburg 2 (a.k.a. DEP at Ebensburg Industrial Park)- 286 Industrial Park Road, Ebensburg, PA 15931-Located in the Cambria County Industrial Park at the new DEP building.
8. Geistown- 631 Lamberd Avenue, Johstown, PA 15904 - Located behind the Geistown Fire Hall parking lot one block off of Scalp Ave. on Lamberd Ave.
9. Hastings- 246 Coleman St., Hastings, PA 16646- Located near the Hastings Fire Hall.
10. Loretto - 350 St. Joseph Street, Lorretto, PA 15940. Located one block east of St. Mary Street on the south end of Loretto.
11. Jackson Township- 513 Pike Road, Johnstown, PA 15909 Located near intersection of Pike Rd. & Rt. 271 in Mundys Corner adjacent to Jackson twp building.
12. Northern Cambria - 7 Cottonwood St, Northern Cambria, PA 15714 - Located in the Giant Eagle parking lot.
13. Patton – 800 4 th Ave, Patton, PA 16668 Located behind the Patton Borough Building at 3rd and Magee Ave.
14. Portage- 712 Mountain Avenue, Portage, PA 15946 – a.k.a. The road to Portage Area School District.
15. Roxbury Park-approximate address is 114 Derby Street, Johnstown, Pa 15905 - Located at the Derby Street entrance to Roxbury Park in Johnstown (adjacent to Creamery ice cream stand).
16. Lower Yoder- approximate address is 9 D St., Johnstown, PA 15906 - Located next the little league ball field on D St.
17. Richland Twp./UPJ- Highfield Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904– Located at the University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown campus near the recreation center at the far end of Highfield Drive (Use UPJ main entrance, travel past, Highlands CC and UPJ Physical Plant: Bins on right).
The following materials are the ONLY items accepted at the Big Blue Bins. Other items are NOT to be deposited or left at the bins. All listed materials must be properly prepared in order to be recycled.
Li, NiCad Rechargeables
More battery recycling info:
Varnish, Thinners, Etc.
Compressed Gas Refillable LP/Propane Tanks
Smaller Propane Bottles (i.e. camp stove tanks)
Other Compressed Gases
Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs: CFLs
White Office Paper
Bags Plastic (Grocery Type LDPE #4)
Search engine for additional recycling opportunities:
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's Recycling Page
The Professional Recyclers of Pennsylvania